Limpopo Province experiences a shortage of qualified Engineers, technicians and other needed scarce skills to establish, maintain and manage Government office building, efficiently.
· Address skills shortage in the Department, offer financial assistance to the previously disadvantaged to acquire skills that are needed in the Department.
· To raise the quality skills development through out the Province.
· To promote economic growth, employment and social development.
· To promote South Africa with high calibre, motivated students who wish to make a career in scarce skills.
ELIGIBILITY FOR CONSIDERATION
- Candidates must be South African
- Intending to or studying towards a degree/diploma at a recognized South African tertiary institute.
- Able to provide proof of academic results for grade 12 or alternatively be in possession of an acceptable alternate qualification.
- Accepted by the university/technikon.
- Final year students at institutions of higher learning.
BURSARIES AVAILABLE / TARGETED AREAS
· Building Engineering
· Mechanical Engineering
· Electrical Engineering
· Quantity Surveying
· Architectural Science
· Asset Management
· Information Technology / Management
The Department identifies the needs from the Directorates/Programmes, then advertises the need to the community through the following:
· Career exhibition
· Visiting Educational Institutions
All applications must be for the next academic year.
Applicants will not be considered for a bursary if he/ she previously failed unless he / she re-writes or repeats at his/her own expenses.
· Grade 12 with Mathematics and Science or NTC 3 (National Technical Certificates).
· Must be South African Citizen.
· Applications from designated groups will be given preference.
· Schedules are compiled for selection process.
· Training Committee will convene a meeting for the selection of candidates.
Successful candidates will be notified in writing and advised to sign a bursary agreement with the Department before payments could be made.
Proof of registration with particular tertiary institution should be submitted. Payment is made after receiving the statement of account from the institutions.
Payments are therefore made in respect of the following items:
After completion of studies, a student is compelled to serve the number of year's equivalent to years of sponsorship.
REFUND OF BURSARY PAYMENTS
Failure to comply with the provisions of the bursary agreement will result in the Bursar having to refund immediately all amounts (plus interest) paid by the Department.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS
The closing date for applications is 31st October every year.
How to Apply CONTACT DETAILS BELOW:
Department of Public Works
Private Bag X9490<
43 Church Str & Paul Kruger
Head Office Contact Number
(015) 284 7000
DISTRICT OFFICES CONTACT NUMBERS
CAPRICORN :(015) 287 5600
MOPANI :(015) 812 1972
SEKHUKHUNE :(015) 632 4102
VHEMBE :(015) 963 3790
WATERBERG :(015) 717 2330