Generally, a bursary is financial assistance given to a student for further study. Bursaries are awarded on a financial needs basis and are linked to satisfactory academic achievements. Bursaries have conditions attached to them and once you have completed your studies, you may have to work for a period of time. The amount of money is different for each bursary. Most bursaries do not cover all your expenses so you have to be prepared to meet some of your costs.
At Deloitte, we award bursaries to students studying towards a Chartered Accountancy qualification. We are looking for well-rounded individuals who perform equally well in all areas of their lives. Other qualities that would strengthen an application include high energy levels, good communication skills and self-confidence. To apply for a bursary with the, please review the criteria you need to meet to be considered.
Deloitte bursary criteria
There are some basic criteria you need to meet before we will consider your application. We call it "Vital Statistics". Please ensure that you familiarize yourself with the Vital Statistics before you submit your online application.
Also have a look at our Recruitment Process prior to completing the online application form.
Bursary values vary and are determined by reviewing candidates against various criteria including financial need, academic performance and interpersonal skills.
Bursaries and scholarships are awarded annually for undergrads.
SAICA accredited universities offering an undergraduate and postgraduate Chartered Accounting qualification for more info visit here.
Who Can Apply
Students who want to study Chartered Accounting qualification or are currently studying towards Chartered Accounting.
- Commitment to studying towards a Chartered Accountancy qualification
- Minimum "B" in Maths higher grade and minimum "B" in English higher grade either 1st or 2nd language; and an overall average of 70% or higher in the final grade 12 or equivalent results
• Commitment to studying towards a Chartered Accountancy qualification
• 70% or more in Accounts I
• 70% or more in Accounts II
• 70% or more in Accounts III
• First and second year students - overall average of 70% or higher
• Third year students - overall average of 65% or higher
• Academic criteria apply to the latest year of study completed, in which at least 4 subjects were
Candidates will have to complete a 3-year traineeship with Deloitte
For Application Form email Send Your Request Here