The Banking Skills Academy is a 12-month programme giving these youth exposure to various entry level roles within Standard Bank branches and offices throughout South Africa.
There are entry criteria and successful candidates sign a 12-month fixed-term employment contract as well as a learnership contract.
They receive a learner allowance of R2 500 a month (as opposed to a salary) for the duration of their programme. When they successfully complete it, candidates obtain a recognised National Certificate in Banking (NQF level 4).
What are the qualifying criteria?
For consideration, a candidate must
- Be aged 18 to 30 years
- Be able to speak, read and write English
- Have completed matric with a pass in mathematics, maths literacy or accounting
- Be computer literate
- Not be permanently employed
- Not be studying at any other institution
- Not be registered on any other learnership
As part of the application process, we will check the candidate against the following:
- Register for Employees Dismissed
- Credit record
- Any criminal record
- Reference checks with previous employers (if relevant)
- Their educational qualifications
- Proof of South African citizenship, residency or work permit
How to apply
The first step is to complete the online application form. We cannot consider applications received in any other manner. There is also an online assessment to be completed that requires a pass mark of 60%.
Applicants who pass this assessment will be contacted to do further competency based assessments to check whether they’d be suitable for the various roles they’d perform during the learnership.
A face-to-face interview is the final step in the process.
For further enquiries or assistance, contact our help desk on: 0861 113 460, or email: here